Tri-Acta Maximum Strength is a winning combination of Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM which enhances the creation of new cartilage, muscle tissue, and ligaments, allowing the body to heal itself.
Tri-Acta is designed to:
- Promote healthy cartilage
- Increase joint lubrication
- Minimize inflammation
What are Glucosamine, Chondroitin and MSM?
Glucosamine Sulfate is a component of the mucopolysaccharides that provides structure to the bone and cartilage as well as other tissues. Glucosamine Sulfate is one of the biological chemicals that form the major cushioning ingredients of a joint's synovial fluid. When used as a dietary supplement, it is absorbed daily, lubricating and nourishing the cartilage cells and in turn producing more healthy cartilage cells.
Chondroitin Sulfate consists of Glycosaminoglycans (GAGs), Glucuronic Acid and Galactosamine. The structure of the cartilage matrix allows Chondroitin to contribute to joint lubrication by helping to sweep nutrients into the cartilage. The arrangement of Chondroitin, along with collagen and water in the cartilage, enables the cartilage to provide a tough, wear-resistant, weight-bearing surface with shock absorbing effects. Chondroitin Sulfate may also have the ability to accelerate wound and ulcer healing, as well as promote cardiovascular health.
MSM is a healthy and safe dietary supplement that provides sulfur, which is required to utilize vitamins and amino acids needed for healthy ligaments, tendons, heart valves and all connective tissue. MSM is also thought to relieve swelling, inflammation and pain.
Benefits of Glucosamine, Chondroitin, and MSM include:
- Glucosamine is a building block necessary for joint structures including cartilage and joint fluid
- Chondroitin stimulates the production of cartilage
- Both glucosamine and chondroitin promote ongoing sound joint function and safely alleviate symptoms of degenerative joint disease
- MSM may be important in helping animals move more freely and easily, particularly in cases of soft tissue injury
If your pet suffers from degenerative joint disease (DJD) due to an arthritic condition or has been diagnosed with hip dysplasia, Tri-Acta will address the chronic pain associated with these conditions including recent flare-ups. In the long run, Tri-Acta can minimize or even reverse the degeneration process and associated pain.
In evaluations in dogs and other animals, glucosamine-chondroitin supplementation has resulted in:
- Less inflammation
- Less lameness
- Increased mobility
- Reduced severity of cartilage breakdown
- Improved flexibility
Surveyed veterinarians reported that over 80% of the dogs in their practice supplemented with glucosamine- chondroitin had reduced pain, improved mobility and improved attitude.
Using the measuring scoop provided, sprinkle desired amount on food.
Recommended Daily Feeding Level:
- Under 10 lbs. (4.5kg) 0.5 scoop
- 10-35 lbs. (4.5-16 kg) 1 scoop
- 35-75 lbs. (16-35 kg) 1.5 - 2 scoops
- 75-100 lbs. (35-50 kg) 2 - 3 scoops
Each scoop contains:
- Glucosamine Sulfate 250 mg
- Glucosamine Hydrochloride 250 mg
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) 375 mg
- Chondroitin Sulfate 125 mg
Feed Tri-Acta at the loading dose for 4 weeks, followed by ongoing feeding at the maintenance dose. The servings per dose may be divided over two meals daily.
The time to achieve a positive response will vary depending on the severity of each condition. If improvement is noticed within four weeks, proceed to the maintenance level. If not, continue the loading dose until the desired response is achieved and then reduce to the maintenance dose.